Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Family

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BIMAbhi
7326 Views, 5 Replies

Wall Family

Is it possible to create the Wall family in revit?

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Walls are system families.  System families exist ONLY in the project environment.  if you need a wall type not currently in the project you will need to duplicate an existing wall type that is close to what you want and modify the type perperties of the wall.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 6
TCRAWFORD1

I understand You cannot edit system families.  How do i create a double t wall type and have it act like a wall?  I can create components but in a 300 foot wall that is a lot of components to place at 10 foot each.  how can i make more than just a regtangular wall shape?  In the detail items you have a double t profile but how do you attach that profile or any other profile to a wall?  and make the whole wall use that profile?

Message 4 of 6
loboarch

I assume you are talking about a double tee concrete panel wall?  So the "tee" is visible in plan?  This is not able to be created with a "wall".  You can create a component and use then array command to place multiple tee panels in the project.

You can't edit the wall to use the "tee" profile in plan.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 6
TCRAWFORD1
in reply to: loboarch

doh. ok so the only way to do it is with components then? Is autodesk going to soon allow the editing of system families to better facilitate these types of issues? My company does a lot of industrial facilities. Is there no simpler method to creating these oddball walls? ________________________________ KCO CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Message 6 of 6
TCRAWFORD1
in reply to: loboarch

I am able to use the curtain wall to create a double t wall by creating a curtain wall panel family.  however it only works as well as the curtain wall will allow.  And I had to create a small piece of panel to offset for the sides and delete the system panels in my project.  othere than that i guess i will use the components

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report