Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall - Edit Profile tool not working

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kwisnia
2052 Views, 2 Replies

Wall - Edit Profile tool not working

Created a simple wall with wall opening in it or without opening doesn't matter. When I select Edit Profile the magenta rectangle doesn't appear for me to work with lines. I've also opened previous models with edited walls in them and it will open with lines but doesn't allow me to exit the edit mode so I have to Control-Z until I'm back to view prior to tool command prompt. seems like a bug to me.....Help

No warnings show up at all giving a clue as to why the tool isn't working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: kwisnia

I am not certain that this is the problem, but in case it is, have you installed any 2014 Autodesk products on this computer recently? Or for some other reason had Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 installed? If so, have you installed Update Release 3 for your 2013 Revit product? That should fix the contextual ribbon tab issues that arrise when running Revit 2013 products with .NET Framework 4.5, which might explain why your attempts at profile editing are freezing short of the full editing mode.

You might try cycling the ribbon display state, to see if that forces the proper contextual tab to appear and for you to be able to edit the profile. If that is the case, then the problem is almost certainly the .Net Framework 4.5 issue, and you should install Update Release 3.

If you are already on Update Release 3, post back and someone else may be able to suggest a solution.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
kwisnia
in reply to: kwisnia

The Release update worked, thank you!!!!

Kale Wisnia, AIA, NCARB

CRKW|Studio

kwisnia@crkw.com

415-305-9452

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report