Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall based family issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alex60
328 Views, 2 Replies

Wall based family issue

Hi every one, I am doing a wall based family for the decorative motiv as shown in the attached image, the issue is that when I insert the family all the sweeps moves without order in the wall, the stucco band gets into the wall and the bars are separated from the wall.  Has any one faced a problem like this? Any help is well received.

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: alex60

Looks like you have to LOCK the sweep to the stucco or plate.  Then lock the stucco to the face in the family.  When you place it then it will stick to the face of the wall or what ever face.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

Message 3 of 3
niranjan_kamath
in reply to: alex60

Could you provide some more images showing the distorted sweep (before and after loading the family)?

On an initial notes; To troubleshoot I would suggest removing the wall sweeps then insert the family and check if the bars are fixed properly with the walls. If yes, Then add wall sweeps (one by one) and see the results. Avoid any flips to profile and toggle between cuttable. This could help us identify the cause. You may need to recreate the profiles for the wall sweep with correct coordinates.

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report