Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall and Beam join error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
themelis_d_m
1516 Views, 4 Replies

Wall and Beam join error

Hi again,

i have a 20 cm brick wall with 10 cm insulation on the outer side and a 25 cm concrete beam as you can see in the first attachment, which i 'd like to join. However this is not possible and i get the second attachment's error.

Why is this? It's not the same width with the wall...

Thanks in advnace,

Michalis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.duell
in reply to: themelis_d_m

Typically you would only receive this message if you are attempting to use join geometry between 2 elements, where one is smaller or there are 2 elements in exactly the same place.  Are you able to verify:

1.  If the element you are joining will completely be absorbed by the larger element?

2.  Are there 2 elements directly in the same place causing this message [for example 2 larger walls or 2 of these smaller wall segments]?

Thank you, 

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 5
themelis_d_m

Hi Ryan,

The beam is 25 cm wide. The wall is 30 cm wide(20 cm brick and 10 cm insulation on the outer side). The result that i wanted to achieve is to join the beam with the bricks.

Insulation continues up to the floor, like the example i attach (which is made with the cut profile tool)

Thanks for your time, once more

Michalis Themelis 

Message 4 of 5
ryan.duell

This may not be expected.  Is the issue reproducible if you copy these elements to a blank file and attempt the same?  If so can you attach a simply example to this thread?

Thanks again,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 5
themelis_d_m
in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi again and sorry for the delay,

i have tried to attach a portion of the drawing so that you can try join/unjoin the beams and the walls in the section views but unfortunately it can be sent... (don't know why.. it's a small rvt file..)

Is there an email that i can send it to?

thanks in advance,

Michalis Themelis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report