Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void Blend in Families

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ninjaunopirate
899 Views, 4 Replies

Void Blend in Families

I am creating a window family. I need to use a void blend for my window. I created a solid extrusion, then I created a void blend inside of the extrusion. However, the void blend is not taking any geometry out of the extrusion. The boundary lines for the void blend are visible, but the entire solid extrusion is also still visible. It looks as if the boundary lines for the void blend created sort of a shell, but did not remove any of the geometry from the solid extrusion. Is there something I am doing wrong?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Make sure that you are not creating the void solid as a separate sketch. It has to be either an edition of the positive solid, or created within the same sketch process where the positive solid is created. It seems that you are making the positive and the negative solids in different sketch sessions, therefore, the subtraction will not occur.

Alfredo Medina
http://www.planta1.com
Online training of
AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ninjaunopirate

ninjaunopirate wrote:
> The boundary lines for the void blend are visible, but the entire solid extrusion is also still visible.

Use the "Cut Geometry" tool to specify which objects the Void should cut.

--
Brian Winterscheidt
LWPB Architecture
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the help.
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report