Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viz vs Accurender

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
301 Views, 10 Replies

Viz vs Accurender

Why is Viz considered a better graphics engine than Accurender in Revit? I have seen some stunning renderings and rendered animations from Accurender. And since the best results are achieved by exporting to native graphic or photo edting apps like photoshop or piranesi it shouldn't make a difference.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Steve_Stafford
in reply to: Anonymous

The impression that Viz is better than Accurender in this forum is related to the implementation of Accurender in Revit as opposed to the full standalone version of Accurender.

Revit does not use a complete implementation of Accurender. So some of the features that users covet are not available to them.

Personally I think both applications are very capable. I feel Viz offers a little harder/harsher light than accurender. Accurender projects done in Revit tend to look softer to me than Viz projects.

It's a very subjective field and naturally the tools and their success depend greatly on who's holding the "brush".
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

In addition to what was already stated I believe VIZ and VIZ Render (included with ADT) both provide a more robust material creation component than the material cration process used in the Accurender in Revit. The radiosity and raytracing are only one component of the rendering. I believe the material definitions used make a big difference in the really great renderings vs. the ones that are just average. Jeff Hanson "Victor" wrote in message news:41e19df0$1_3@newsprd01... > Why is Viz considered a better graphics engine than Accurender in Revit? > I > have seen some stunning renderings and rendered animations from > Accurender. > And since the best results are achieved by exporting to native graphic or > photo edting apps like photoshop or piranesi it shouldn't make a > difference. > >
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Accurender is a great software. I agree with Steve. I have been working with full Accurender and AutoCAD and I had some great results. Also Accurender 4 (www.accurender.com) is very promising. Animation is also added (Comotion). I have asked Autodesk through Revit wishlist forums to buy the new version but I don't think this will ever happen. With Revit 7, we get a plug-in for Viz. That makes it easy for us to use both programs. This is a good reason to upgrade Accurender with Revit 7.1 or 8. So every user will be able to choose and believe me, most of them will choose Accurender. It is faster and easier (a lot easier). Viz on the other hand has more options and it is the first step to the leader of animation and presentation software (3DS MAX 7). Of course if you only design houses, Accurender is more than enough. Another great thing about accurender is the price, considering the material libraries and the plant libraries which are great. Compared to additional RPC content or other, the plants in accurender seem as a gift. If Comotion animations can be done easily and produce nice results, Accurender will be a strong opponent for Viz.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Victor schreef: > Why is Viz considered a better graphics engine than Accurender in Revit? I > have seen some stunning renderings and rendered animations from Accurender. > And since the best results are achieved by exporting to native graphic or > photo edting apps like photoshop or piranesi it shouldn't make a difference. > > I agree that the whole difference between the output of the 2 programs is subjective.. but even i couldnt exept the difference at first. But there's a lot to try and find out, that accurender can almost compare to viz type renderings. I think its doable. tryable.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Victor schreef: > Why is Viz considered a better graphics engine than Accurender in Revit? I > have seen some stunning renderings and rendered animations from Accurender. > And since the best results are achieved by exporting to native graphic or > photo edting apps like photoshop or piranesi it shouldn't make a difference. > > ahm... why dont we start a website that shows HIGH QUALITY REVIT/ACCURENDER impressions. .. just a thought
Message 7 of 11
Steve_Stafford

Just a couple Revit dedicated locations that are busier than this ng. There is also the customer gallery for Revit here but there aren't many posts.

Revit Community Forums gallery at www.augi.com
the gallery at www.revitcity.com
Message 8 of 11
Allan Chapin

Hey, I´m a new Revit user, and I really like to work whit Accurender because is very easy to make a render for your client, I rarely ned to do a "contest render".

In revit it sems more difficult, I wonder if there´s any way to make accurender Work as it work in AutoCAD.

There? light fixture (complete), and I couldn't?e a panoramic view.

Tanks
Message 9 of 11
narlee

Do you know if the Accurender stand-alone version is faster. The Revit version is useless to me because I can't get any sense until it's taken up a lot of time. Whereas, with VIZ, much as I HATE it's user-friendliness (NOT), I can do a lot of pre-final-rendering work to get a sense. For me, speed is key, if I can get decent renderings - I'm not submitting proposals to the Boston Redevelopment Authority here.

Geof Narlee.
Message 10 of 11
narlee

Also, at least up til Revit7.0, Acccurender crashes Revit too often to be safe to use
Message 11 of 11
rod
Explorer

Unfortunately we still do all our rendering in 3DstudioMAX. Flytrhoughs and stills seem a hell of a lot crisper and better than in VIZ or Accurender ( i know VIZ is supposed to be the 2d version of MX but for some reason it still seems better)

But hell for quick renders the Revit plug-in is great. However we find ourself generating 3d's in shhaded mode with shadows for more punch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report