Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of Nested Family in Linked File

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
paul.ashley
2015 Views, 2 Replies

Visibility of Nested Family in Linked File

I have a shared Generic family (on it's own subcategory) nested in a Specialty Equipment family.  In its project file, I can turn off the Specialty Equipment and still see the nested Generic family.  However, when the project is linked into another file, I cannot get this to work.

The family in question (attached) is a mobile shelving unit that resides in an equipment model.  I'd like to be able to show only the rails in a structural model.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
arunag
in reply to: paul.ashley

Use the Revit Links tab in VG, change the display setting to By Custom, go to Model Categories and again change to custom, then you can put off specialities equipment & see only the railings.

Refer the attached image

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 3 of 3
paul.ashley
in reply to: arunag

Thanks.  This helped but I also had to add another twist because I couldn't just turn off all Specialty Equipment;  some items in that category had to be visible. 

To fix this I resorted to the use of Filters.  I had assigned separate Omnicodes to the host family mobile shelving unit, the nested rails, and the nested shelves.  But I goofed on my Filters in that I shut off the host family's Omnicode rather than just the nested shelves, thus hiding the shelves AND the rails.  When I filterd on the nesed shelf Omnicode only, it worked, displaying only the rails.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report