Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of Lines placed in front of a Filled Region

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IMCornish
1314 Views, 2 Replies

Visibility of Lines placed in front of a Filled Region

I have created a 'Title Block' family which I am wanting to use as a 'drawing stamp', being used to mark an existing drawing sheet carried forward to another phase of the project as being from the previous phase.  To do this I have created a filled region with an opaque white background and a grey border (sorry, gray)  to form the extent of the 'stamp'.  I have then created a number of labels for the relevant information and added some lines as borders to the labels.

The problem comes when it is used on a project sheet since the label border lines do not appear.  Since the commands to 'send to the back' or 'bring to the front' are absent when editing a title block I wonder why this is?  Logic suggests that the only workaround is to create a number of filled regions, in jigsaw style, one for each label and to use their borders as the label borders.  However, this seems an enormously long winded an probably kilobyte hungry way of achieving something that should possibly be very simple.  I have to say that it may also have an easy solution that I may have used before but forgotten.

A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: IMCornish

Could you post an image of what you're trying to do?  I'm not entirely sure I follow you...  I'm thinking that a visibility parameter might be what you're looking for, but I'm not sure.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
IMCornish
in reply to: rosskirby

Ross, have attached the family I have created and some images of what is right and what is wrong as shown:

PStamp_0Border.png

The image above shows what I wish to see when the 'Stamp' is placed on a sheet where there is some 'white space' to place it.  The green line borders around the titles and label infills can be clearly seen.  In this case the Filled Region has its visibility turned off, but when it is turned on as in the next image;

PStamp_Border.png

The green border lines are hidden when I would like them to appear.  In this second case the filled region is necessary in order to hide the graphics behind it when there is insufficient 'white space' on the sheet to accommodate it.

In regard to the file I have attached you should know that the labels are created from shared parameters which relate to the projects approved drawing sheets following a UK Planning Approval.  Parameters within the family include a visibility setting for the 'filled region' and a sizing of the 'filled region' based on a visibility instance where the red 'Note:' paragraph at the foot of the 'stamp' is turned on or off.

Hope you can help.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report