Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility control formula? Help?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
znewkerk
1075 Views, 4 Replies

Visibility control formula? Help?

Hello, 

I'm facing a problem dealing with visibility formulas... My situation that im dealing with is, I have 2 yes/no visibility parameters, one that is called Right side clearance and another one named Left side clearance. I want to create another yes/no visibility parameter that's called Clearance. I want to link the Right and Left clearance parameter to the Clearance parameter where if it is off, then there will be nothing that shows.. But if I want it on then I would have to select either right or left without them both showing up?  I hope I explained this well enough for anyone's opinion or help.

Thanks

-Zach

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: znewkerk

My question: is it not acceptable that the control of the clearance be left to the Right/Left controls? If neither one is checked, then there is no clearance visible.

If not, then you will need to create two additional Yes/No Parameter that will be dedicated to handling Visibility:

Parameter Name         Formula                                                                                                                                

VisR                          = and(Clearance, Right)

VisL                           = and(Clearance, Left)

I typically name such parameters so that the typical user will not be confused by the presence of two "Right" checkboxes. I also Group these under another something like "Identity Data" where it is far less likely to be noticed.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
znewkerk
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hey Corey, 

Im a little confused on what parameters I should be assigning the visibility to.. Here a Picture of the Left Clearance and the Right Clearance (Clear Revolve).. Below is my parameters

Clearance Hoop.PNG

Right now I have Left and Right Clearance assigned in where the red arrows appear. The Blue arrow is the parameter I want to control both but only allow to have a right or left clearance... In other words I want the end user to be able to turn on or off the clearance but when its on, only have a left or right side clearance appear with the users choice.. I added the parameters you suggested where the black arrows point to.. am I suppose to assign to them and then set up a formula off that?

Parameters.PNG

Thanks 

-Zach

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: znewkerk

You will not need the "Vis L" parameter since you set it up so that "Right Clearance" is in control ("Vis L" and "Left Clearance Detection" are redundant). I would suggest Grouping "Left Clearance Detection" along with "Right Clearance Detection" under Visibility - it will make it easier for a user to understand your setup if he can see both of these parameters together.

The left and right clearance extrusions' visibility should be linked to the parameters "Left Clearance Detection" and "Vis R", respectively. Remove "Vis L" and assign the formula below to "Left Clearance Detection":

= and(not(Right Clearance Detection), Clearance Detection)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
znewkerk
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you Corey D!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report