Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views of linked Revit File

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
166 Views, 0 Replies

Views of linked Revit File

I am currently working on a very large Revit project with a team of architects at the firm that I work at and we have run into a problem for which the solution has been elusive.

The project has been set up and developed in 4 seperate revit files and then the those files have been linked into a main revit file. The firm that I work for has view templates set up for revit but we have found them to be invalid when working with linked files.

Our first issue was that the text that was placed in the linked files (room tags, etc.) was not showing up in the main file when we would set up views of those areas. We solved that by creating a custom view template for, but that cuased our second problem.

After modifying our old view template we noticed that text was appearing both inside and outside the "viewport" that we had set up. The suggestiong I could find on the newsgroup was to delete the text becuase it is view specific. However this is complicated by the fact that the text is in a linked file and if I delete the text I delete everything.

At the end of the day all we would like to accomplish is to limit the view to the "viewport" only and any additional text outside the "viewport" would be shut off.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report