Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport crop region

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
28325 Views, 6 Replies

Viewport crop region

Hi everyone. Just launched Revit for the first time last night. And I'm going bonkers trying to adjust the crop region of the viewport (need to make it smaller) and move the view title (it's off the page) and trying to relocate text in my titleblock (labels from a template I created). I've turned on the crop region property but still no luck. Any guidance? Any plan to look up these basics besides the help screen (always good for telling you how to do something, but never to correct something). TIA Chris --
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just figured out the TAB thing to move the view title (thanks to the post by Tibor Farkas). Any clue on cropping the viewport (no blue controls are showing up) and resizing the text in labels that came from a sheet template. Thanks. Chris
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

The crop region is only active in the view - not the sheet. You have two options: 1. Go to the view and make adjustments there. (My preference) 2. Right click on the view you have placed on the sheet and "Activate View" Ask any Revit user: The tutorials are a must and will answer 90% of your questions. "Chris Broda" wrote in message news:408d4521$1_3@newsprd01... > Just figured out the TAB thing to move the view title (thanks to the post by > Tibor Farkas). > > Any clue on cropping the viewport (no blue controls are showing up) and > resizing the text in labels that came from a sheet template. > > Thanks. > > Chris > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks, Aaron. That worked! And I will give the tutorials a whirl (of course I don't have time!) Don't see anything regarding the behavior of labels once they are imported through a titleblock. I'd like to be able to resize text on a label in the titleblock without having to create a new titleblock for each case and then import it. Is there a way to explode the titleblock once it's loaded into a project? Any suggestions? Chris
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

You don't explode anything in Revit. You change families to change the title. You change families to change text. I have a project I'm working on. It has 5 different titleblocks loaded. Our standard CD titleblock. Our coversheet titleblock. One we use in schematic. Once these are loaded, I can switch between them just by selecting a new family. As I made these, I varied the family definition of the labels for different font types and sizes. The tutorials are a must. They will save far more time than you'll spend doing them. "Chris Broda" wrote in message news:408d4f13$1_2@newsprd01... > Thanks, Aaron. That worked! And I will give the tutorials a whirl (of > course I don't have time!) > > Don't see anything regarding the behavior of labels once they are imported > through a titleblock. I'd like to be able to resize text on a label in the > titleblock without having to create a new titleblock for each case and then > import it. Is there a way to explode the titleblock once it's loaded into a > project? > > Any suggestions? > > Chris > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Will do. Thanks again. Chris
Message 7 of 7
wolverine01

Hi, yes there is a way to work with the labels ones the tittleblock is loaded. clicck on the sheet and then click on EDIT FAMILY and then you can do the changes you want to do, when you finish click on load into project and done. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report