Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewbreaks, viewports & Sheets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RudyBeuc
6262 Views, 3 Replies

Viewbreaks, viewports & Sheets

So I've created this wall section and used viewbreaks to break the crop regios up so i can fit the final view on a sheet.

The problem is, when I place the broken up section on a sheet, the viewport does not break up like the view region. Pease see the attached file, Screenshot..

My question is? How do i break up the viewport on the sheet so I can squeeze the visable regions together?

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: RudyBeuc

I think you are missing one step after using the view break controls.  The view break will cut out a portion of the view but the pieces that remain are do not get moved closer to one another.

Once the view is broken there is a little arrow inside the crop region of the remaining parts.  it is sometimes hard to see because drawing elements obscure it.  You can use this arrow to move the portions of the view closer to gether so whn placed onto a sheet it will fit.

view_breaks.png

You can find more information on this process at the resizing crop regions page of the wikihelp.  The part that specifically mentions this is near the bottom of this page.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 4
RudyBeuc
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks, that did the trick. I do wish however that this break crop region functionality was available in two directions simultaneously.

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

Message 4 of 4
JD.Dixon
in reply to: loboarch

THIS was the piece of information I was looking for. THANK YOU!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report