Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Title half scale

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2657 Views, 3 Replies

View Title half scale

I have a view title where I want to show Full scale and half scale on the same view title. Please see attached .rfa file.

Is there a way to have a label return a half size automatically in an effort to have only one view title. Otherwise our current work around is to make each view title for each scale and create a viewport for each scale in our template.

I have heard that the labels are hardcoded and connot be changed. Any help here would be deeply appreciated.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: Anonymous

Currently this is hard coded and short of adding dumb label I not sure you have many options. Perhaps in a future release this will change. 

If you like I’d suggest leaving feedback at the below link. Information gathered is used to improve the application.
Product Contact Link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 4
ArthurMacLeod5818
in reply to: Anonymous

I never understood the value of half scale. I print my drawings full scale to Adobe PDF. If i want a half size hard copy, I print that Adobe file to the printer to a half size sheet. I use the same sheet to distribute to my clients.

In summary, I print one size only from Revit for all my needs. It bundles the Adobe  pages neatly. Why go to the trouble of having different size sheets for the same information in Revit?

Message 4 of 4

For us the request would be to have a way for Revit to know that we are printing to 50% and have a note become visible telling the viewer that the scale shown on this 50% print is really double that of the actual printed sheet. In other words the viewer needs to know the scale shown on the plan is for full size prints only. If a drawing sheet was to be printed at 50% then a text line would be placed on the drawing when printing identifying that the sheet was printed in a scaled down or up manner. I think that is wishful thinking.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report