Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Title Graphics which Stretch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
davidwilliamedwards
856 Views, 2 Replies

View Title Graphics which Stretch

Is it possible to create a View Title Family which have objects which stretch? I know I single line can, but I need to have more that moves to match our graphics standards.

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You cannot constrain elements to the dynamic Extension Line of a View Title. You also cannot control the properties of the View Title with Instance Parameters. So, you can recreate the Extension Line within the Family and create Type Parameters to control the length This means that you will have to create a separate Type for every length you wish to have. (We typically employ three "Short", "Standard", and "Wide")

If you have elements that you show on the end of that extension line (i.e. North Arrow), then use a Reference Line to control the overall distance of that line. Then, you can Group the extraneous elements with that Reference Line so that they will move along with it.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

I came to the same conclusions - just verifying that I wasn't missing somethings or a workaround.

This needs more flexibility especially when you requirements for numerous Title sizes for all View Title types.

Thanks!

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report