Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view title fonts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sam's place
1264 Views, 5 Replies

view title fonts

The default for the view title fonts is arial, but our office standard isn't. I've been able to change the font of all other text except the view title. Anyone know?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sam's place

sam's place wrote: > The default for the view title fonts is arial, but our office standard isn't. I've been able to change the font of all other text except the view title. Anyone know? The View Title is an annotation family, not a project standard. So simply open up a View Title Family within the Annotation folder in the default Library, do a save-as with a new name into your office's library, and then change the font to whatever you want. Then load it into your project, like you would load a door or window or something, and then click on the viewport, and in it's type parameters set it to use your title rather than the default one. Set this up in your template, and purge out the default one, and yours will always be used on all future projects... Jeffrey McGrew
Message 3 of 6
lucasdub

All fine so long as the only thing that you're changing is the font type.
Any ideas about changing the font colour?
I prepared an office template with a black stripe at the bottom, so now I'm trying to force a white view title block on Revit. Tried editing the family, can't find any colour settings.
The only thing i could find is the separation line colour option. Not enough though.
Any help/suggestions?
L
Message 4 of 6

Try this:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2007/01/white-pawn-takes-black-knight.html
Message 5 of 6
lucasdub

Thanks, but it does not answer my question.
First of all I am talking about the title block, that is attached to the drawing when you place it on a printing sheet. I know that as for simple text you can change all the options easily.
For the title block, the solution given before
this changes the background colour (the rectangular box underneath the text object) to black, so you cant really use it for any other background than black, as the black box stays there.
Have a look at the attached jpg. The 'title' is set to "background=opaque", so it changes to black... the 'scale' settings are: color=white, background=transparent and as we see it's still black.
As i cannot find the setting for changing the lines colour within the title block family(you can't get an access to lines settings) the circle around the sheet number '1' stays black... The white dividing line's colour is set in 'properties' dialog within the project itself, so it's visible.
It looks to me that it's either myself still learning, or Revit is 'cool' as long as you use the main features provided, not trying to customize them any other way (which is supposed to be so easy and fast).

any other hints?

L
Message 6 of 6
lucasdub

and the attached file finally...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report