Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View sheets from a linked model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
A.Geisler
354 Views, 1 Reply

View sheets from a linked model

Hi

I have created a big and complex Revit model, in Revit 2013. It's now time for me to print the sheets - I want them in PDF and DWF. But I really have some problems doing that. When I print to PDF it takes about 20 minutes for it to print 1 drawing - and it will not be complete - elements are missing compared to the original view. Often Revit stops working - and it's the same story when I try to save a DWF.

I think the reason why I have the problem is because of the complexity of the building's geometry. Have modeled it by importing SAT. files from Rhino - to create the form. The result is great but the file is now 370 Mb.

I'm trying to link the model in to a new Revit project to minimize the file, and hopefully get the drawings printed in PDF and DWF. In the the new project I can't see the sheets from the linked file though.

Is there a way to link the sheets to another procjet? Or does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: A.Geisler

Some thoughts:

• Are you printing several sheets in one single document? If yes, try creating one DWF or one PDF per sheet.
  • Is there enough RAM and available space on disk?
  • Is "hardware acceleration" on? If yes, turn it off and try again.
  • Can the form be created in Revit? Most of the times when people in forums show a form that they did in Rhino, the form was also possible in Revit, but they just did not know how to do it.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report