Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Schedule

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ToanDN
823 Views, 6 Replies

View Schedule

So I am creating a master list of all the Views in my project using View Schedule.  I don't see the Detail Number in the available Fields.  Any idea how to get that inofrmation in there?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pvillella
in reply to: ToanDN

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do, but as you mentioned, there isn't really a field for Detail Number. When you create a Detail type of Callout View, Revit simply names it Detail followed by a number, which is just part of the View Name.

Within your Detail Views folder in the Project Browser, you'll see:

• Detail 0
  • Detail 1...

If you want that to appear in your View Schedule, just make sure you show the View Name field.

Patrick  Villella, LEED AP
AEC Technical Consultant

Message 3 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: pvillella

Attached is the information that I want to be included in the View Schedule.

Message 4 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ToanDN

No, there is no automatic way to get the value of that property in the view schedule. It would have to be done manually, or through some custom programming.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7
pvillella
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

As Detail Number isn't on of the OOTB parameters for Views, I assume you created it as a Project Parameter. As such, it will appear when you are creating your view schedule. If that's not the case on your project, make sure that parameter is assigned only to the Views category.

Now, as Alfredo mentioned, this is not an automatically filled in parameter. You will manually have to set it to the correct Detail Number.

Here are some examples I did in a quick default project. As you see, I created the custom Detail Number parameter for Views, created a View Schedule and Revit lets me add it right in there, and finally, it shows up on the schedule.

detail number.jpg

detail number2.jpg

detail schedule.jpg

Patrick  Villella, LEED AP
AEC Technical Consultant

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

Thanks.  I took over this project mid way and I didn's realize it wasn't an OOTB.  Will go with your instruction.

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

Well, I looked at it again and I think the Detail Number parameter in my Views is a 'system parameter' (not sure if the terminology is correct).  It only appears when I place a View onto a Sheet, which makes sense.  So if I go with your suggestion and create a manual Detail Number parameter in order to show in View Schedule, I would need to replicate the information from the 'system Detail Number' to the 'non-system Detail Number'.  It works for now but it can be a prone to mis-coordination if users aren't paying attention.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report