Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View rvt file in html page

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Rockzz
2224 Views, 5 Replies

View rvt file in html page

I need to view an rvt file in the html page. I have installed the Revit viewer RAC2009. What coding should I include in html page to view the rivet file?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
melarch
in reply to: Rockzz

Right out of Revit HELP!

Exporting Project Views to HTML

You can create a web page that links HTML versions of views and sheets in a Revit Architecture project.

To export project views to HTML:

Click File menuExportImage.
In the Export Image dialog, under Range, select Selected Views/Sheets.
Click Select.
In the View Sheet/Set dialog, select the views and sheets to export, and click OK.
Under Output, do the following:
For Name, specify the desired path and a prefix for resulting file names.
Select Create Browsable Web Site with a Linked HTML Page for Each View.
Specify Image Size, Options, and Format settings as desired.
For details about these settings, see Exporting a View to an Image File.

Click OK.
Revit Architecture creates a web page. From the web page, you can open the views from a table of contents. View tags are hyperlinks. For example, suppose you export the Level 1 view and the North Elevation view. In the web page, when viewing the North Elevation view, you can click the Level view tag to link to the Level 1 view.

In the folder where the web page resides, Revit Architecture creates a folder containing the source HTML files and images. The folder also contains a cascading style sheet (CSS file). Edit this file to change the format of the web page.

Exporting a View to an Image File

The Export Image command prints any view directly to a raster image file. You can then use this image for online presentations or printed materials.

To export a view to an image file:

Click File menuExportImage.
In the Export Image dialog, click Change to change the default path and file name for the image, if desired.
Under Range, indicate the images to export:
Current window. This option exports the entire contents of the drawing area, including parts that are outside the current viewing area.
Visible portion of current window. This option exports whatever is currently visible in the drawing area.
Selected views/sheets. This option exports the specified sheets and views. Click Select. In the View Sheet/Set dialog, select the views and sheets to export, and click OK.
Under Image Size, specify image display properties, as follows:
To specify a print size and orientation for the image, select Fit To and enter a pixel value. For Direction, select Horizontal or Vertical. Revit Architecture fits the image horizontally or vertically into the specified number of pixels.
To magnify or reduce the image, select Zoom To and enter a percentage. Revit Architecture prints the image at the specified zoom setting.
Under Options, select the desired print options:
By default, links in the exported image display in black. To display blue links, select View Links in Blue.
To hide unwanted parts of the drawing in the exported view, select any of the following: Hide Ref/Work Planes, Hide Scope Boxes, Hide Crop Boundaries, and Hide Unreferenced View Tags.
Under Format, select an output format for shaded views and non-shaded views. If you specified a Zoom To percentage for Image Size, select a DPI (dots per inch) value for Raster Image Quality.
Click OK.
The selected sheets or views are exported as images in the specified file.

If you are trying to view the project direcely from the RVT file, you can only do that by opening the project RVT file in Revit.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling the Future/Drafting the Present/Building on the Past
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I am not sure whether it is possible to view a RVT file within a browser.
You can export a rvt file to html and images (like Melarch has pointed out).
If you want 3D content, you might have to export to 3d DWF and then embed it
in a webpage.
hth
--
nicholas iyadurai - RVT2008
Tirunelveli

wrote in message news:5907007@discussion.autodesk.com...
I need to view an rvt file in the html page. I have installed the Revit
viewer RAC2009. What coding should I include in html page to view the rivet
file?
Message 4 of 6
melarch

There is no viewer that can open the Revit RVT file for viewing directly other than a version of Revit. Revit can export or publish to HTML and DWF.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling the Future/Drafting the Present/Building on the Past
Message 5 of 6
Rockzz

I understood. I will make myself clear. I want to open the rivet viewer in the html page and that viewer will open the respective rvt file. Actually I am able to view the dwf file(auotdesk file) by loading the viewer in html page and the viewer will open dwf file for me. I want to do it in the same way. If you are interested I can provide the coding for opening the dwf viewer in html page so that you can help me out.

Thanks,
Ramya.
Message 6 of 6
Scott_Womack

There is NO viewer to view a RVT file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report