Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Range Top

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jonmcfarlandGY
471 Views, 9 Replies

View Range Top

I'm trying to understand why objects don't appear in my view when they are below the Top View Range plane.  In the attached image TopViewRange.png, the 3D view shows a tie back rod (generic family) near the top of the slat wall segment at about 10' AFF.  The Top value for the view range was initially set to 12' then changed to Unlimited when 12' did not work.  Neither of these showed the objects.

The Family Element Visibility Settings dialog box shows everything checked for the objects.

Revit 2012 help file states:

• There are a few categories for which an element located above the cut plane but partially below the top clip is shown in plan. These categories include windows, casework, and generic models. These objects are shown as viewed from above.

...and this is a generic object.

Any ideas how to get the tie backs to appear in the view without moving the cut plane just above the top of the object?

Thanks,

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Check the visibility settings of the tie itself, in the family. Check also if the tie is tied 🙂 to a visibility parameter. There might be other reasons, not just view range.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 10

Hello Alfredo,

For the tie-back, the component shows everything checked in the Family Element Visibility Settings dialog box.  In both the tie-back family and the project, everthing is checked in the Visibility/Graphic Overrides dialog box.  If I move the cut plane above the tie-back, it shows, but, according to the Help, they should also show when it is between the Top and Cut Plane planes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 4 of 10

There must be a check mark missing somewhere. Hard to tell without looking at the family file.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 10

Alfredo,

Please take a look at the attached family file.  As far as I can tell, there is nothing preventing it from being visible.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 6 of 10

Well, I can see it in a plan view, elevation, etc. What elevation is this supposed to be at when it's not visible?

Message 7 of 10

Can you see it in the plan view when it's above the Cut Plane but below the Top plane?  As a generic object (according to the Help file), you should see it.  I don't.

Jon

Message 8 of 10

Yes, I can see it.

visibility_issue.jpg

Message 9 of 10

Still no luck here.  See attached.

The tie-back is visible in the RCP or if I move it below the cup plane (or the cut plane above it), but not in the plsn view when it's below the Top cut plane and above the Cut plane.  In the view, everything is checked VG and for the object.

Jon

Message 10 of 10

Yes, I can see it with those settings, too. Must be something specific to the project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report