Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Range issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kasperwuyts
281 Views, 3 Replies

View Range issue

Hello everyone

Simple question (i hope the answer will be too)

In the attached .RVT you can find a project containing a plan view called foundation.

On this plan view you can see a floor and a wall family.

Both elements are located completely between the 'bottom' and the 'view depth' level of the plan view (and as such should be displayed with the 'hidden' linetype).

The wall shows -correctly- as hidden, but the floor shows as if the element is projected.

Can anyone explain why this might be?

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
kasperwuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

I made an error in my opening post, I ofcourse mean that it should display as the 'beyond' linestyle instead of 'hidden'.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

Revit treats some categories different then others. Floor will show normally until 4' (+/-112 mm) from view range. Set your floor to -112 mm and beyond line will show up. You can read up about these exceptions HERE.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 4
kasperwuyts
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks a lot! It seems all I need to do is to learn a 1000 page manual for Revit to know all the weird rules if I want to make even a simple plan. 

I can't believe the incredible cascade of rules that determines -for example - the plotted lineweight of an edge of a simple floor.

1) the actual used lineweight (0.13 , 0.25 mm, etc)

2) 1-16 lineweight value that applies certain lineweight values depending on the scale

3) Object styles use different lineweights for different families

4) visibility graphics overrides might change these lineweights

5) Depending on the view range, the style is projected, cut or shown as the beyond linetype, which might change the lineweight as defined by previous steps

6) For certain elements; there are exceptions to the general view range rule

7) Individual elements might have their line weight overridden

😎 Individual lines might have their line weight overridden.

Then again, I guess CAD Managers pushing for Revit might welcome this level of complexicity as a way of increasing job security.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report