Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video slowdown

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
spiker7221
144 Views, 8 Replies

Video slowdown

Ever since I upgraded to Revit Arch '08, my 3D view has slowed down to a crawl. I'm running a nVidia Quadro FX4500 video card that worked fine in Revit 9.1. While in the 3D view, if I hover my mouse pointer over an object, it takes at least 15-30 seconds for it to lite up red, and another 15-30 seconds before I can edit. When I first rotate the view in 3D, it runs smooth, then it stops to a crawl. It seems like the machine is waiting for the video card to catch-up. Do I need an Autodesk Revit Arch '08 approved video card with updated drivers?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: spiker7221

Have you made sure under settings>options>graphics that open gl and overlay planes are turned on?
Message 3 of 9
spiker7221

Been there - done that! Didn't perform any better or worse.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

download and install the new build...see link in thread posted today at
4:11pm by CDV.

wrote in message news:5614016@discussion.autodesk.com...
Been there - done that! Didn't perform any better or worse.
Message 5 of 9
spiker7221

I downloaded new build. It made no difference at all. My 3d view is still slow as hell. Getting very frustrated. Do I need to upgrade to a new video card? nVidia Quadro FX4500 is my current card. I've researched and found no updated drivers. I tried enabling Open Gl hardware - only made it slower. There is a major lag between the video card and the cpu for some reason. One of the two is waiting for the other one to catch up. Any other ideas?

Mike in Florida
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Mike in Florida (what part by the way, I'm in Orlando) do you have shadow turned on? If so you'll have to turn those off to rotate around the model. Also check your hardware accelleration, whats it set to?
Message 7 of 9
spiker7221

ok, i need to let you know where i'm coming from. i have been using autocad, desktop, and revit since all of their first releases. i have exhausted/checked/tested/changed/altered/replaced/updated/re-installed all i can. i know about shadows - not your average dumb end-user here.

do you know if the Quadro FX4500 is supported under the new version of Revit? is there another newer video card you would recommend instead of the one i currently have installed?

sorry for that - getting very pissed off at revit. do you know of other end users that have a Quadro video card who are not experiencing any slow downs?

mike in jacksonville....who may be changing careers if he can't get this to work
Message 8 of 9
RevitIt

Mike, we have some Quadro and no problems at all.
Usually when users have that kind of really slow reaction its because of a wrong modelling.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

we are running 2008 with Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI - with open GL on.it works
better than 9.1

--
Brian Earsley
www.arete3.com
18645 South West Creek Drive
Tinley Park, Illinois 60477
708.342.1250 x.225
wrote in message news:5615727@discussion.autodesk.com...
ok, i need to let you know where i'm coming from. i have been using autocad,
desktop, and revit since all of their first releases. i have
exhausted/checked/tested/changed/altered/replaced/updated/re-installed all i
can. i know about shadows - not your average dumb end-user here.

do you know if the Quadro FX4500 is supported under the new version of
Revit? is there another newer video card you would recommend instead of the
one i currently have installed?

sorry for that - getting very pissed off at revit. do you know of other end
users that have a Quadro video card who are not experiencing any slow downs?

mike in jacksonville....who may be changing careers if he can't get this to
work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report