Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very new user, need help fast

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RobGnirk
237 Views, 2 Replies

Very new user, need help fast

I am trying to convert a Revit drawing to AutoCAD, but a specific cross section is missing about 1/3 of the information in the cross section (compared to the PDF that the architect send us). Turns out the 1/3 that is missing (the reinforced conrete risers) is exactly what our engineer needs to reference. I thought that it may be that the risers are hidden in the view, however I clicked on the lightbulb at the bottom of the screen, and there is nothing hidden (at least, nothing shows up to select for "unhiding").

I'm an "AutoCAD guy" still, and this seems to be a very simple thing, so I'm hoping to hear (read) back from someone soon.

Thank you so much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

can you be more precise?

Where is missing 1/3 ? in exported AutoCAD or in Revit ?

1/3 is a part of the drawing or part of the total elements on the screen?

Can you send a screen shot?

If what is missing is in Revit and represent a category of objects  , then try this:

in the View with problems with nothing selected : Properties > Visibility Graphics Overrides > verify Model Categories and Annotation Categories >Visibility...could be unchecked entities that you need

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: RobGnirk

Agreed - we need more information...

Do you have a view in Revit setup already with the information showing?

You can export the view to AutoCAD in the Application menu>Export>dwg

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report