Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Structure Wall Reveal

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1006 Views, 1 Reply

Vertical Structure Wall Reveal

I'm working on a precast building and currently using a curtain wall with different wall types as the panels and the windows are embedded curtain walls.  The reveals are part of the vertical structure within the wall type.  This was working very well until I had to step the foundation wall on one side of the building.  As I changed the profile of the wall, the reveals shifted downward because they are relative to the base of the wall.  While making them relative to the top of the wall would work for the shorter walls, it will incorrectly shift the reveals on the taller walls.  I'm trying to avoid creating more than necessary wall types.

So, my question is: is there a way to assign the reveals to an absolute elevation or relative to a floor level instead of the individual wall?

Attached is an image of the problem.  The yellow line shows where the top reveals should be and the green indicates the stepped wall.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Reveal Question.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_Knight
in reply to: Anonymous

we've been experimenting with this...

Last thing i did was create a single void that swept the entire length of the building.  Then cut each individual panel with it.  Then when you move the void up or down, it would move on all panels.

We've not used curtainwalls to do panels like you are... we currently use groups for each panel type.  then i apply a void to each group.  the issue i have been having with this approach is mirroring.  it makes the voids go crazy.

so I've stopped mirroring panels.

perhaps the curtainwall method would be better...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report