Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanity Top Materials

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ennujozlagam
767 Views, 6 Replies

Vanity Top Materials

Hi Guys,

Maybe you could help with this. I tried to create a vanity top ( for my toilet) using  Model in place - Sweep profiles and assigned materials finished but it didnt showed up. is this can be done? or is there any easiest way to do a vanity top and can apply materials? Please find enclosed.

Thank you,

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbcarch
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Instead of modeling it in-place:

Use a Casework --Countertop Family for this. There should be one that comes with Revit out of the box, with parameters

for length, width, height, counte thickness, and Materials.

Load it into your project and then specify the Materials. You should even be able to assign separate Materials for the countertop and the backsplash, if needed.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 7
ennujozlagam
in reply to: cbcarch

Hi,

I tried to look for this casework-counter top family but i cant find it. Do you know where it is?

Thanks,

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 7
ccollins

see attached.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 7
ccollins
in reply to: ccollins

one more step.

see attached.

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO
Message 6 of 7
ennujozlagam
in reply to: ccollins

Hi Cliff,

Thank you very much for your help. Appreciated. Can i ask you again. I have to draw in Revit Steel staircase which means all the riser, steps and even landing are in steel profile, But i really dont know how and where to start? maybe if you could help with this?

Thank you and God Bless..

Message 7 of 7
ccollins

Glad it worked.

For the steel stairs, try using Help in Revit for creating stairs--this should be a good place to begin.

If you then have trouble or more detailed questions, start a new thread on the forum.

Hint: Revit will create your stairs and railings automatically. You select the stair tool, draw the run(s) in plan,

specify which Levels the stair begins and ends at, click finish and it is done. That said, there are some problems

with the stair and railing tools, most of which can be overcome with tricky workarounds. But if it is a basic stair,

you should be able to create it quickly and effectively.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report