Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Revit Template out of office server

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
aga_obenk
208 Views, 2 Replies

Using Revit Template out of office server

Hi Guys,

this my first post on this forum, apologise if i'm asking on the wrong place

So here's the situation. I need to work remotely out of my office server which has the standar revit template. Usually i work inside the office and for some reason i need to work locally on my laptop. 

So i wonder if i used my latest file from the server and open it locally on my laptop ,will the revit template i usually use at the office works properly ? The template file size is about 15MBs. Does it carry all the standard families (made by my office) on it? I'm using revit architecture 2014.

Cheers

H

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: aga_obenk

aga_obenk

Yes you should be fine.

As soon as you save the file on your computer everything on your works template will save with it.

You may have an issue with families. Anything Pre-Loaded into your template will be accesable to you no problem, however, if you have a OfficeFamily folder on your Serve you will not be able to access them once dissconected from your server.

You could simply use the generic Revit families and when you are back in to office just swap them out for your relevant office families.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 3
aga_obenk
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Hi Brown,

Thanks for your reply, yep i have tried to use it on my local network and all works fine.

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report