Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Formulas in Revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sandovala
560 Views, 2 Replies

Using Formulas in Revit

Does anybody know of how to use formulas in Revit, for example, if I wanted to extablish a price per square foot, for a wall, or floor. How do I do it so that Revit recognizes it in the schedule. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sandovala

Walls already have a "Cost" Parameter built in. If you'd like, you can interpret this as a "Cost/SF" and simply schedule it... If you now want to calculate a total cost based on wall are, you can add a calculated value to your schedule... the trick here is to make sure your units match. So since the Cost paramter in the wall is a "Number" parameter (unitless), and area as a unit of Square Feet, you need to cancel out the Square Feet in the formula. Note that "Total Cost equals Cost times (Area divided by 1 foot times 1 foot)" . The 1 foot times 1 foot nullifies the Square Feet of the Area parameter so that the entire equation is unitless, allowing for virtually any value to be calculated... I've attached the project as well. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc Client Support Manager - Revit "sandovala" wrote in message news:4094937.1097691639504.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Does anybody know of how to use formulas in Revit, for example, if I wanted to extablish a price per square foot, for a wall, or floor. How do I do it so that Revit recognizes it in the schedule. Thanks Attachment not added (too many attachments): "Image2.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "Image4.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "Project1.rvt"
Message 3 of 3
sandovala
in reply to: sandovala

Thanks for the help, I tried the formula, and it seemed to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report