Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using custom family object

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
badincite
222 Views, 3 Replies

Using custom family object

I got a custom door I downloaded and brought in but I can figure out how to use it. Its not showing up when I click on the create door command I tired inputing the width height in the properties and that didnt make a difference. Still learning... Man Frustrated

Capture.PNG

2.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: badincite

Hey badincite

You have downloaded a CURTAIN WALL DOOR, this is just a modified curtain wall panel to look like a door. You will not find it on your Door type selector. Assuming you did not mean to download a curtain wall door, you will need to download a different one as you cannot use this (without some fudging 🙂

If you did mean to download a curtain wall door, draw in your curtain wall, select one of the panels, UNPIN it and change it to the door you downloaded.

The Width/Height parameters do nothing in the type properties of a curtain panel, the Grid lines of the curtain wall control the width & Height.

Hope this helps 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 4
badincite
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Didnt really mean to download it that way but it will work thanks! Where can I get a actual good commerical door family from?

Message 4 of 4
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: badincite

Seek.autodesk.com is a good site
Or the NBS BIM library
Or alot of suppliers/manufacturers/fabricators of doors will have downloadable RFA files on their websites.
Be carefull what and where you are downloading from. There are loads of other websites to download content from but alot of them are bloated and over modelled with no real useable meta data.
Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report