Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User interface "family Window"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AdamVG
427 Views, 3 Replies

User interface "family Window"

I am using revit 2014 and everytime a open a project, or periodicly while working on a project there is a new "family window" that opens up. Is there a way to disable this? It keeps getting in the way. I can close it without problem but after a short while it just re-opens. I have attached a screen shot of the window. 

Thanks for the help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbcarch
in reply to: AdamVG

I have seen this before, and it was caused by a display driver / video card / hardware acceleration issue.

See if your graphics card / driver is current.

Also, check if this happens on any other computers, or just yours. Check other PC's graphics cards/drivers.

Try turning hardware acceleration on/off.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 4
AdamVG
in reply to: cbcarch

I updated my graphics card driver but this "family window" is opens up. Hardware excelleration doesnt make a difference either. All the other computers in the office and mine up untill yesterday worked with any issues. Now just my computer has the "family window" pop up. 

Message 4 of 4
cbcarch
in reply to: AdamVG

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture/floating-family-dialog/td-p/3752423

does this solve it?

edit: meaning the parts about turning off NVidia Hydravision Manager or similar graphics card-specific management tools

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report