Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help - Element corrupt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bozk
428 Views, 2 Replies

Urgent Help - Element corrupt

Need urgent help...

Earlier today we started getting a "Element 177247 became corrupt some time before this session" every time we try to save to central. Tried to open the central file and save a new local, got the same error. The only recovery files we were able save kick us back  two days (this is nearly 30 hours of work between two people). Now it's also telling me that the central file moved from the server to my desktop.... arrrggg!!

Searched the forum and saw some advice about searching for the element by id# and deleting, but we cannot open any of the files that are up to date with the corrupt element. Any and all advice on how to recover the last two days of work would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to hit a deadline for mid next week, so needless to say this is extremely untimely.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: bozk

If your file has linked elements (CAD or Revit files) that could be causing the error, you can temporarily move those to a different location so that they are not found, and therefore not loaded, when you open the file.  Then selectively re-load them to see which one is the problem child.

If there are no linked files, or it still won't open with the linked files unloaded/relocated, and you've got a workshared file, try opening the file without loading any of the worksets.  Reload the worksets one at a time until you find the one that causes the error.

After each of the stages outlined above, try and do a search by element ID to find the one that's causing the problem.  

Alternatively, you could open a previous version of the file, search by element ID, and see if the element was there before.  If so, you might be able to figure out which of the above two things (linked file or workset) is causing the problem.  My money is on a linked file, but just to be sure, I outlined what else might be causing the problem.

Hope that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
ste239
in reply to: bozk

I had the same problem as above, I moved all the linked files but to no avail. I then tried and Audit on the model and that seemed to sort the problem. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report