Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upside down curtainwall door

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
887 Views, 4 Replies

upside down curtainwall door

I'm placing a single glass door in my curtainwalls, and they keep coming in upside down, with the door handle 4 feet off the ground. How can I make them right side up?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
heterarch
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having this same problem.. It seems like the only way around it is to recreate the curtain wall, but select the lines that create the system backwards from how it was done before.
Is there a better way to do this though?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Are you sure its not the curtain wall door family that was created with the handle that high? I wasn't aware that you could draw any wall family or type upside down. Or that curtain wal panels could be rotated to be upside down.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
heterarch

it definitely isn't the door. i made the door myself (rather, completely changed an existing default door) and it has worked perfectly several times previously, and in fact, after remaking the curtain system as per what i wrote above, it worked just fine. it all seems pretty weird to me, but there it is. seems like either it shouldn't allow you to make an upside down curtain system, or it should at least allow you to flip it after you've finished..
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: heterarch

Hi Heterarch,

I had the same problem, it might be worth just trying to mirror the curtain wall, it has worked for me in simple situations,

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report