Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming DirectX 12 Release. Peformance Increase For Revit 2015+?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
csavopoulos
1638 Views, 1 Reply

Upcoming DirectX 12 Release. Peformance Increase For Revit 2015+?

Hello,

I was just curious after reading about the exciting new improvements with DirectX 12. I know it will not be released for a while, however, I was curious if Autodesk has started implementing it to increase performance by utilizing its CPU/GPU usage enhancements. 

Revit 2015 is already extremely fast on my home laptop. However, I just wanted to know if there will be any possible performance increase in the future based on this new platform.

I think the final release date for DirectX 12 will be around December 2014... Wish I could test it out...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
csavopoulos
in reply to: csavopoulos

In addition to my previous post. One of the main focuses I would like to see improve are better utilized multi-threaded hardware. Will DirectX 12 framework improve this?

When observing sluggish performance in Revit when working in large files on an office computer. When I look at the task manager/performance. The i7 CPU cores are hardely being utilized and disk I/O speeds are also not being used to their full potential. This applies to a lot of software.

I understand there are a lot of factors that dictate computer performance. However, I would really like to see all this new expensive hardware be fully utilized to increase speeds...

At home I use an GT70 DominatorPro-1039. Performance is much greater than office computer.

CPU:

I7-4930MX

GPU:

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 880M /8GB GDDR5

MEMORY:

DDRIII(L) 32GB (8GB*4)

HDD:

1TB 7200RPM + 384 SSD(128x3) (SSD RAID2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report