Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown video card 'Intel HD Graphics'

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
jakobbr
4070 Views, 15 Replies

Unknown video card 'Intel HD Graphics'

Hello!

I have some problems with my Revit 2012. It won´t work with the hardware acceleration turned on because it doesn´t like the intel hd graphics integrated card. When I try to open a new or previous project (with hardware acceleration turned on) the program delivers the message: 'An error occurred while drawing the contents of this window. This window shall be closed.'

In my laptop I also have an Nvidia GT 540M 2GB. At first Revit reacted to that card but after updating the driver it instead reacted to the intel card. I have tried the recommended 8.15.10.2361 driver for the intel card.

Do you know anything to solve this?

/Jakob

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: jakobbr

try rolling back the driver

it doesn't seem like your video card can handle hardware acceleration

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
ankere
in reply to: DarrenP

I have the same issue (though the program is working) and the same video card on the laptop dell xps 15 with 8gb ram and i7 2630.

You cannot say that such a new card as the nvidia 540m could not support shader model 3. The problem is that revit does not recognize it all and I have to turn off hardware acceleration because it works very slow. Rolling back drivers does not help much because it still does not find the card. I attach an image with my setup.revit2012.png

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: ankere

try disabling the intel graphics card

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
ankere

It is not possible unfortunately. If you know a way though .... you are welcome  🙂

Message 6 of 16
DarrenP

why is not possible?

does it not show up in windows device manager?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
ankere

I knew that would happen.... but still I did it and guess what - Black Screen I get. So I restarted to see if nvidia is going to be used instead - still no it used some king of restoreVga... any other ideas??

Message 8 of 16
DarrenP

try calling dell and see what they say

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 16
DarrenP

i believe you have to go into the bios and disable something called Nvidia Optimus then reinstall the nvidia drivers again

i had to do this on the newer dell precision laptops

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
ankere

Unfortunately dell XPS laptops does not have this option. I checked it today. It seems to be a driver issue after all...

Message 11 of 16
matteolegna
in reply to: jakobbr

Same problem here... 😞

Message 12 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: matteolegna

did you try the suggestions mentioned at all?

mostly its a hardware/driver issue not a revit issue

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 16
matteolegna

The problem is that the drivers I'm using are quite old (25 March 2011, version 8.15.10.2342) but they are the latest available on the Dell website. I tried to download more recent ones directly from the Intel website, but I can't install them... 😞

Message 14 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: matteolegna

have you tried contacting dell about how to disable the intel graphics card? this worked for our new dell laptops

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 15 of 16
matteolegna

No, I haven't.

I own a Dell XPS 15 and I tried to disable it directly from the nvidia control panel, but it didn't work. Tomorrow I'll try to call them, let's see...

Thanks for your help

Message 16 of 16
Wes-Teck

Actually - Revit is still running on the nVidia card. You can run the NVOptimusTestViewer to prove it. I have an Alienware and it's the same deal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report