Revit Architecture

rubikscube
Message 1 of 2 (59 Views)

unit types

59 Views, 1 Replies
07-21-2004 10:42 AM
Hello,

Ive just got the new demo version of revit 6.1, and am learning it.

I am trying to model a condoplex with multiple room types...A,B,C,D.

If for example, my rooms were just different sized boxes with internal walls, fixtures, doors etc...,can I create blocks of units to stack.

when I stack unit groupings Ive created, the shared party walls conflict

how do I go about connecting unit types, that I have created, in such a way, that they can be edited, to ensure all instances are updated as well?
(if say I need to change the internal unit wall layout for example)

thanks for any help
callum
*v.valentijn
Message 2 of 2 (58 Views)

Re: unit types

07-22-2004 12:23 AM in reply to: rubikscube
some options here, it depends on your exact goals which to use.. just read up, experiment and decide; - make the whole layout, drawing just walls in Revit is done is a second. Then copy your types by simple copy/paste or group them [though I'm not sure how stable grouping is now, I abandoned it since it was not so perfect in earlier versions, might work fine now] - make your rooms in multiple files, make a new drawing, link the rooms into it and stack. - I think you might be interested in knowing about worksets, depending on your wishes... I'd say, do some searches on AUGI / Revit, ask some more specific questions and you're on your way. "rubikscube" schreef in bericht news:20735527.1090431803879.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > Hello, > > Ive just got the new demo version of revit 6.1, and am learning it. > > I am trying to model a condoplex with multiple room types...A,B,C,D. > > If for example, my rooms were just different sized boxes with internal walls, fixtures, doors etc...,can I create blocks of units to stack. > > when I stack unit groupings Ive created, the shared party walls conflict > > how do I go about connecting unit types, that I have created, in such a way, that they can be edited, to ensure all instances are updated as well? > (if say I need to change the internal unit wall layout for example) > > thanks for any help > callum
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.