Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Door Marks for Multiple Instances of Linked file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
veritably
824 Views, 2 Replies

Unique Door Marks for Multiple Instances of Linked file

Hello, 

I am working on a school project that has 3 instances of the same classroom pod group (which we made as a seperate Revit file, linked in 3 times to the master file). To get unique Room numbers, the rooms for the classrooms are inserted in the main model, not the linked file.

But I can't find a way to get unique door marks for each instance of a classroom pod. The doors have to be inserted in the linked file (eg. door mark 101), so when looking at a combined schedule in the main file, there's 3 instances of door 101. Ideally, these would all be different marks. The best idea I have is to make dummy door tags with a dummy prefixes different for each pod. But this does not translate to a schedule, in which I have to make a different dummy variable based on Link:Name.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremy
in reply to: veritably

edit the door tag family and add a prefix to it of the link name. going to see i can do something like this now

Message 3 of 3
kyleTJV2H5
in reply to: jeremy

This worked great and is way easier than the correct way to have multiple door tags from a single door of a linked file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report