Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uniformat Questions. Please Help!

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
bmwm3owner
1507 Views, 20 Replies

Uniformat Questions. Please Help!

I am working on our Revit template and trying to get a model set up so that as people create walls, materials, etc, they are actually going thru the proper procedures to assemble a cohesive model. I have decided to create a few wall types and want to set them up with the assembly codes already mapped to them. Please bear in mind that I am no expert with assembly codes nor specifications.

I found the uniformatclassifications.txt file in my C: drive. I also have a RS means 2005 Assemblies Cost data book as well. Looking at the Revit .txt file vs. the RS means book, it appears that the information does not quite correlate. For example, a Revit B2010148 is a Glass Block wall. In RS Means, a B2010148 is listed as Panel, Shingle & Lap Siding.

So my question is this: Where did Autodesk get this information for their UIniformat sections? I would like to add to this file so that I can get some more details into my assemblies.

Thanks in advance.

Sash K
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: bmwm3owner

Hello Sash, We left a message to clarify over the phone and in demos, but here is the short text version.

Arcom has integrated the AIA MasterSpec into e-SPECS which most of our customers use as it is the leading master specification in the industry. Check out www.masterspec.com for more info such as "The Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) in which CSI now provides non-exclusive recognition of MasterSpec as a standard of the industry in master specifications..."

We extended the Revit Uniformat codes to 7 digits which provides a level of more specifity than just 4 digits. All e-SPECS customers receive these extended Uniformat classifications and the ability to manage the assemblies (create new, change, delete, etc.) for use in Revit. If you prefer to use other uniformat codes, that is fine. You can create e-SPECS bindings from your preferred assemblies to your specifications using those codes. You can also further refine your uniformat code using other identity data such as model, type, description, manufacturer to create higher levels of automation.

e-SPECS creates keynotes based on the sections inserted into your project manual (which is based on the assemblies in your model). Thus the high level of coordinationbetween the BIM model and specificiations. The project keynotes are then saved to a keynote.txt file that Revit reads and enables the Revit keynoting functionality with.

Our on-line demos are very brief. Anyone interested in seeing a more in depth demonstration should register for our live webcasts or email info@e-SPECS.com and ask for our recorded demos.

No need to move to that remote island. Integration is the way to go.
Seamus

p.s. Know that e-SPECS for Revit has been out now for 5 years and the integration gets better with each release such as our new model validation rconsole and project outline reporting within Revit in our v5.0 app being released shortly. Sorry if this is a little salesy, but we're excited about the integration available and integration BIM is enabling.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report