Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding the Orgin Point

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bmwm3owner
121 Views, 1 Reply

Understanding the Orgin Point

Hello All,

I am still learning the ways of Revit. I have a consultants site plan, which was done in AutoCAD. The contours were created as polylines with a Z elevation applied to it. I typically like to stick with the consultants location of their site plan relative to its location to the 0,0,0 point. In Revit, I am still struggling to understand its orgin point. My goal is to import their site plan into Revit at my 0,0,0 point (if there is such a thing) so that when I create a toposurface and label the contours, the numbers will match their survey. I guess I am struggling with the concept of "By Shared Coordinates" and Orgin to Orgin. What do they mean exactly. Can anyone give me insight into this concept of know of a great place to begin? I know that there is also a way to have two level heads. One is shared and the other is project. I plan on trying that so that my floor level is at 100' and my contours are at say 3250'. Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: bmwm3owner

http://revitrocks.blogspot.com/2006/04/where-is-my-zero-zero.html

sashk wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am still learning the ways of Revit. I have a consultants site plan, which was done in AutoCAD. The contours were created as polylines with a Z elevation applied to it. I typically like to stick with the consultants location of their site plan relative to its location to the 0,0,0 point. In Revit, I am still struggling to understand its orgin point. My goal is to import their site plan into Revit at my 0,0,0 point (if there is such a thing) so that when I create a toposurface and label the contours, the numbers will match their survey. I guess I am struggling with the concept of "By Shared Coordinates" and Orgin to Orgin. What do they mean exactly. Can anyone give me insight into this concept of know of a great place to begin? I know that there is also a way to have two level heads. One is shared and the other is project. I plan on trying that so that my floor level is at 100' and my contours are at say 3250'. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report