Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to share Shared Parameter txt file

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
LisaDrago
1765 Views, 8 Replies

Unable to share Shared Parameter txt file

Okay - I have been making and sharing shared parameter files for years... For some reason today a co-worker's shared parameter file is invalid or could not be read - image attached...

We have run a couple of tests - I can create one on my computer and send to her without any issues... Any that she creates and sends to me - is invalid... WHY???

I made sure she has all the service packs and all that - so I am really at a loss..

Any ideas?

I will attach one of the test.txt files..

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LisaDrago

Are both you and your co-worker running the same version of Revit? Was the Shared Parameter file added to with a newer version of Revit? If a Shared Parameter was added to the file as a type that did not exist prior to that release, the file will be reported as 'invalid' by previous versions.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
LisaDrago
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes - we are on the same version. We are both on 2013... That is why the invalid statement is baffling me...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

The problem appears to be with the file itself - I was unable to directly link your file, but I could Copy/Paste that exact text into a new .txt file and it worked. I even tried copy/pasting the contents my shared parameter file (which I know works) over the text in yours, and it still returned the error. I, unfortunately, do not know of a solution to this aside from attempting a reinstall. Perhaps there is an add-on that could be inadvertently causing this? Do you have any installed that your co-worker does not?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
LisaDrago
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sure enought that worked!

That is really odd though... will have to consider reinstalling.

I have a lot of the extensions from the subscription center installed and an FM:Systems... She does not have any.

Thanks for your help!

LD

Message 6 of 9
dhurtubise

Did you check the .txt file encoding?

Message 7 of 9
LisaDrago
in reply to: dhurtubise

How do you do that?

LD

Message 8 of 9
dhurtubise

Save as and look at the encoding

Message 9 of 9
abodley
in reply to: dhurtubise

What should the encoding setting be?

I am having the same issue as LisaDrago...same exact error. Also tried to copy/paste into a new .txt but that did not work either.

See attached resultant .txt files.

Thanks so much for the advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report