Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to rotate/align surface pattern on stairs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nateJS
1612 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to rotate/align surface pattern on stairs

I have created a stair that has a 3" parallel model pattern on it to represent a wood floor. However, I seem to be unable to rotate or align this pattern and as you can see from the attached screenshot, the pattern is not coming in parallel to the stair treads. (I can select an individual portion of the pattern and activate the 'rotate' command like I would for a pattern on a regular floor, but it does nothing)

Is there any way to control the orientation or surface patterns when the material is applied to a stair tread? Is this a bug?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jgendell
in reply to: nateJS

I have the same problem but for a different pattern - a tile pattern on a Stair Run.

Why is it that model patterns can be modified on Floors, Walls, Ceilings, Roofs, etc.. but not on Stair Runs?

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: jgendell

That's weird.  I can align the model pattern in 3D view but it doesn't change in plan.

Message 4 of 6
jagostinhoCT
in reply to: ToanDN

Strange indeed.

Does anyone have an answer from ADSK on why this is happening?

Assistant BIM/CAD Manager

Manchester, UK

Message 5 of 6
aaron
in reply to: jagostinhoCT

apparently nothing from autodesk in the past 3 years. issue still happens in v2021. pretty silly issue to have not had fixed by now.

Message 6 of 6
AliceKUTUV
in reply to: nateJS

Also having this problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report