Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to load family files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sunil_chaudhary
1346 Views, 2 Replies

unable to load family files

I have just started working on Revit 2013 according to tutorial provided by AutoEd -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJyzZy5h_b4&list=PLB3DC6A8DE288C013&index=4

In this i have done all the things according to the video but still i am unable to load families for columns as it is showing that some or all the family files you slected can't be loaded. Please help me.

Sunil

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: sunil_chaudhary

Hello - you will need to make sure you are in the column command when loading columns or go through the Insert tab - Load Family.

Some components are very picky on how they are loaded into revit. You cannot load them using other options.

You could also open the family and do a Load into Project - this should get it into your project.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
wipfco
in reply to: LisaDrago

OK, this is my situation:

I tried loading a door, and it would load it would also appear under the doors families, but I cannot place it. Also if i click on the doors button on the ribbon it would not appear in the properties palette, I have tried this several times but no family type would work, it seems like we can only load so many and it would quit on me. I have had this problem for two projects now. To make a long story short: the families load but i can't see and place them using the ribbon button.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report