Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type of Walls to Use

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
josemukalel
283 Views, 4 Replies

Type of Walls to Use

Please expline what types of walls to use LOD 100,and next stages until LOD 300.Because i start with generic walls in LOD 100,but after the LOD 100  I feel generic wall is not fine for working drawing .But i dont have any idea what types of  walls should i choose next stages

Jose George
Architectural BIM/CAD Technician
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
damo3
in reply to: josemukalel

Why are you using LOD constraints?

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 5
josemukalel
in reply to: damo3

I MEAN "LOD -LEVEL OF DESIGN FROM CONCEPT TO WORKING DRAWING "

Jose George
Architectural BIM/CAD Technician
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch

If you are at an early, schematic stage where LOD 100 is the only requirement, and if you truly have no idea what the construction of the final Walls will be, then a generic, single-layer Wall is acceptable, but just because the required level of development is only 100 does not mean that you cannot use Walls of a greater level of detail (particularly if you are fairly certain that the final construction will be that particular Wall type).  It does mean that anyone else making use of the model should not base any of their work on the greater level of detail provided (until the project progresses to the point where that level of detail is required).

I see no point in making extra work by starting with generic Walls and then swapping in more detailed Walls if you know what the final Walls will be up front.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
damo3

Ah yes that is what i understood, i meant why are you using LOD for the project, as in what are the project requirements? Normally a project stipulating LOD has a BIM management plan. Therefore the answer to your question about stages should come from that plan so your modelling to the same beat as everyone else.

It sounded like your 'winging' it, which i would discourage. As the post above suggested, LOD 100 for example could be a generix wall or a wall showing basic make up.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report