Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two wall sections joining

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
218 Views, 4 Replies

Two wall sections joining

I have two wall types that sit one on the other. The exterior cladding is the same, but the backups are different for each. When they are looked at in section, there's a heavy line defining the bottom of the top wall and the top of the bottom wall. Can that line be eliminated yet still keep the heavier outline for the exterior and interior surfaces ? Particularly, since my exterior cladding is the same, I want these to join. TIA Chris Broda
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried using the Join Geometry tool in the section view? -- Matt Dillon Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Chris Broda" wrote in message news:4124af9b$1_2@newsprd01... > I have two wall types that sit one on the other. The exterior cladding is > the same, but the backups are different for each. > > When they are looked at in section, there's a heavy line defining the bottom > of the top wall and the top of the bottom wall. Can that line be eliminated > yet still keep the heavier outline for the exterior and interior surfaces ? > Particularly, since my exterior cladding is the same, I want these to join. > > TIA > > Chris Broda > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Use the linework tool to change the way lines are projected. Looks like the tip of a fountainpen in the toolbar, next to the paint bucket. Select the linetype you want to change to in the drop down list. Once the linework tool places the line, you can adjust the length with the blue handle dots if necessary. "Chris Broda" wrote in message news:4124af9b$1_2@newsprd01... > I have two wall types that sit one on the other. The exterior cladding is > the same, but the backups are different for each. > > When they are looked at in section, there's a heavy line defining the bottom > of the top wall and the top of the bottom wall. Can that line be eliminated > yet still keep the heavier outline for the exterior and interior surfaces ? > Particularly, since my exterior cladding is the same, I want these to join. > > TIA > > Chris Broda > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have tried it. It doesn't get rid of all the lines - the concrete block exterior did merge, but the airspaces (same size and aligned) did not. Thanks, Matt
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Great! I'll try it. Thanks guys! CB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report