Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Simple Tag Questions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
paul.ashley
170 Views, 5 Replies

Two Simple Tag Questions

Can Tags be saved in Groups?

Can Mutiple-Category tags sue the Tag all Untagged function?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
melarch
in reply to: paul.ashley

Paul,

Tags can be saved as part of Detail Groups (see HELP).

There was a posting in this same date line that the user was getting Fatal Error messages when he tried to use the Tag All Not Tagged with Multi-Category tags. No response has been posted to his question, so wait for a response. Sorry, I didn't see who posted, but is was you.

Mel Persin, aia Edited by: melarch@comcast.net on Feb 17, 2009 12:01 PM
Message 3 of 6
paul.ashley

Thanks, Mel. It looks rather complicated and I'll have to try it later. I'm trying to create groups of tagged equipment and related utilities. If I can get Tagged All Untagged to work (I may be able to not use Shared Parameters) then I won't have to save the tags with the groups.
Message 4 of 6
Scott_Womack

What I believe Mel is saying is that you cannot save any annotation in a model group. Revit Will always take the annotation and create a corresponding Detail Group to go along with the model group. period. Shared parameters are the only parameters that can appear in tags, period.
Message 5 of 6
paul.ashley

I created a tag yesterday that displayed the data in the Model field of a Specialty Equipment family. Is that then considered a System Shared Parameter? Any custom shared parameter I tried to tag would indeed tag but only one at a time. Only the System parameters could I get to perform with Tag All Untagged.
Message 6 of 6
Scott_Womack

Yes, there were a series of Parameters that the Revit developers built-into the families that act as shared parameters. However, not all fefault parameters in the families act as shared parameters. Some of them cannot seem ro appear in tags.

There is no "List" of documentation that I know of for what parameters are available for tags, and what aren't.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report