Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two plane roof

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
T.pot
940 Views, 6 Replies

Two plane roof

What is the easiest way to creat a two plane roof on a house the has 6 exterior walls

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: T.pot

If you could elaborate a bit more - we may be able to help...

I have added an image of an image with 6 exterior walls with a roof on top - is this what you are looking for? or something else?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 7
T.pot
in reply to: LisaDrago

Im sorry I meant 5 exterior walls. But the roof only has two planes that run down each side of the house. Its difficult to explain exactly what im trying to create.

Message 4 of 7
ccollins

Please post an image or maybe even the .rvt file if it is small enough. It is very hard to provide a solution when we do not understand the problem.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 7
LisaDrago

How about this one? See attached pic.

It is all controlled by which like defines the slope. You can specify which portion defines how the roof slopes.

See attached image. Only the two sides define the slope. When you select a line in the options bar you can say whether it defines the slope or not.

is this closer to what you are looking for?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 6 of 7
T.pot
in reply to: LisaDrago

That is exactly how my building is. Now did you use footprint to sketch that or did you extrude it.

Message 7 of 7
LisaDrago

It was done by footprint.

I did it with a 1' overhang and make the two sides 'define slope'.

I only use the extruded roof if it is an odd shape that I can't use the footprint of the building to get.

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report