Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Floor Plans on a Work SET

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
KOAsgpp
384 Views, 6 Replies

Two Floor Plans on a Work SET

Good day...to all masters here in Autodesk...

I have a situation today while using revit...in which we just encountered just today...

I already laid out floor plans for our project...but that is only architectural...

then we are currently on worksets...

I was wondering how we could pull this off...

cause first we laid out ARCHITECTURAL floor PLANS with FINISHES...

then we wanted to create the same Floor plans but has no FINISHES and it is referred to as a concrete body plan...

how can i draw two drawings at the same time if there are already one floor plan drawn at the same project...

does design OPTIONS works even in worksets?...we are currently working on a big project and the procedure is badly needed for us...

if so..can somebody help me how to do the procedure thank you...very much

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
parveen.revit
in reply to: KOAsgpp

you can easily do it by just creating a duplicate view and set the visibility right (turn off the finished and unwanted elements).

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 7
KOAsgpp

is there a different way of performing without turning off or this is only a work around?

thank you for the reply sir..: )

Message 4 of 7
KOAsgpp
in reply to: parveen.revit

how do i turn off the finishes?

when on a duplicated view without getting the main plan turned off as well...

attached here is the screenshot...for the said problem...

because i know that if i duplicate whatever happens with the other one happens to the original one...

i wish to eliminate this...: ) if there is a way..please teach me how or guide me through thank you.. 🙂

Message 5 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

You need to start a new standard in your office:  Model the finish walls with separate, thin, wall types.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7

Another option is to select all the walls and do "Create parts". That will allow you to select layers individually and turn them off.

In summary,

• Option 1: modeling walls with separate wall types, from scratch.
  • Option 2: using parts.

It cannot be done simply with visibility graphics settings.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 7
KOAsgpp
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

ohhhh i see...thanks..i guess that is what i needed to know..: )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report