Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn tags on/off from schedule

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rasm578s
1185 Views, 4 Replies

Turn tags on/off from schedule

Is it possible to control if the door tags is displayed by the schedules?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rasm578s

I believe that you are asking if you can control the visibility of a View's Door Tags from a Schedule, is that correct?

If this is the case, then the answer is no. You can control the content of the Tags but not the Visibility.

If I have misunderstood what you meant, can you explain a little bit more or perhaps provide an example?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
rasm578s
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have three different door tags I can choose from and to make it easy I want to control it from a schedule. I think that this will be easiest with checkboxes that determine which tag to use.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rasm578s

Understood, but still impossible. Tags are separate elements, and not really directly associated with their host elements beyond reading/reporting data and moving if the host is moved. It does not contribute any information to the element. Additionally, since the same Element can be Tagged with different tags in different Views (or even in the same View), it would be impossible for Revit to know exactly which Tags on which View you want to change.

There is a possible work-flow that might help you. Leave the Door untagged on the View. Within the Door Schedule View, you can select one or more rows and then click "Highlight in Model' on the ribbon. This will select all of the Doors that fit the criteria of that row. Now, you can navigate back to your View and use the Tag All function and select the desired Door Tag Type.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi,

I think this might work if you create a shared parameter. Shared parameters can be scheduled and you can modify them from there. I haven't tried this myself, but it's worth a shot.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report