Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off raster image in family (jpeg in titleblock)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lfazio
8557 Views, 7 Replies

Turn off raster image in family (jpeg in titleblock)

I do not see a way to control visiblilty of a raster image (jpeg) in a family (titleblock) that is in a project.  I want the ability to turn off a stamp before plotting.  R-2012.  Raster images in model categories did not work.  Adding a parameter in the titleblock family under 'Lock Proportions' did not work.  (Other elements that use these same parameters to turn on/off visibilty were available there.)

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
krispy
in reply to: lfazio

instead of inserting the image directly into the title sheet family you can insert the image into a "Generic Annotation" family and then instert that family into your title sheet family... you can then assign a visiblilty parameter to the generic annotation family.

Message 3 of 8
lfazio

Thanks.  That was very helpful.  I decided that I needed to do the stamp separately from the titleblock so I didn't have to click the stamp off in each family type.  I still used the same method for the stamp family itself.  It works with the ease that I was trying to accomplish.  Thanks again!

Message 4 of 8
JGuptill

One thing I can't figure out is how to get the image to become a checkbox in the titleblock. Following what has already been said, I created a generic annotation, imported the image and loaded it into the titleblock. It works well enough to simply open the titleblock and turn the visibility on and off but I don't really care for having to save and overwrite parameters. Does anyone have any idea how to accomplish this? I looked it up in help and nothing came from following the steps.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
JGuptill
in reply to: JGuptill

Also, is it simply possible to make all of the same image turn off/on or would I have to click the checkbox for every sheet? I'm thinking it has to do with type/instance parameter but am not completely certain.

I run v.2017

Again, thanks!

Message 6 of 8
Sahay_R

You are right.....

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 7 of 8
ToanDN

1. Create a generic annotation family (A)
  2. Insert Image in the family
  3. Load family (A) into the title block family and assign visibility parameter
    • Use instance parameter if you want to control it individually per sheet
    • Use type parameter if you want to have different title block types, and control it by for each type

Message 8 of 8
sals1

Another trick is to place a solid white filled region with invisible boundary and control visibility (in reversed order), so when the filled region is ON the image is OFF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report