Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn mass walls into structural walls

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ec10222
1022 Views, 1 Reply

Turn mass walls into structural walls

Hello,

I want to turn my in-place mass walls (sloped or helical) to structural walls but i don't know how to do it. I'm able to do the walls but when i switch it to the analytical view the wall doesn't appear because it's not structural.  It's there a way to do in-place mass structural walls. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I made some observations on the subject and it seems that turning into structural for non vertical walls is not allowed.

Why I did took this conclusion :

• For  Basic Walls , Structural parameters (Structural, Enable Analitycal, Structural Usage, and so on..) are all instance parameters not type paramaters ( look in Properties...)

I did the following test:

• I made an In Place Mass and then applied Wall by Face (the same wall type) to a vertical face and to a sloped face.
  • When selecting the  vertical instance , in Instace - Properties , the Structural parameters options appear and  in ribbon's Modify Walls there are options : Mode, Analytical,  Model by Face , Modify Wall and Reinforcement.
  • When selecting the  sloped instance , in Instace - Properties , the Structural parameters options does not appear and  in ribbon's Modify Walls there is only one option : Model by Face (because it is a Wall by Face)...in fact no modify wall option....

This means , in my opinion ,that only vertical walls can be used as structural in Revit....Maybe when Revit will promote Sloped Walls this will be solved.....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report