Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True north and Project north help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ljhudson
528 Views, 4 Replies

True north and Project north help

revit architecture 2011

I am starting a new project and I am working with a template that was already created that has a views for floor plan and site plan setup along with some basic elevations.

I am importing a cad site play that is already angled to true north.

my problem and question is, when i import it to it appears on the site plan correctly but the orientation of that view says project north.. but the floor plan also say its project north, but that is rotated close to what i want it to be..

I am having to try and trial and error to figure out the angles and how to set these features each time I start a project with a cad site.

i would like to know the correct way of doing it, perhaps its something thats been set in the template that I need to change.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alex60
in reply to: ljhudson

Visit the Ask Amy section in the Revit Architecture part of Autodesk and will find a video with the answer to your question. It is very helpfull.

thanks, Alex

Message 3 of 5
loboarch
in reply to: alex60

Here is a link to the Ask Amy page.  The video the previous poster mentioned is about 1/2 way down the page.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=16389622

You can also find a setp by step instruction tutorial that was posted to the Revit Wikihelp site.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Tutorials/Setting_Project_North_and_True_North

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 5
Homecad2007
in reply to: ljhudson

Your link is dead.  Could you provide a new link?

Message 5 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: Homecad2007

The wikihelp has been discontinued.  Here's a link to the 2015 online help (since you didn't specify which version you were using).  Do a search there.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report