Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Options bar

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jondozer
364 Views, 4 Replies

Trouble with Options bar

I have a two monitor setup for working on my computer. Whenever I put my interface on my second screen, to be able to work in a larger view than my laptop's, I have a problem with the Options Bar.

When I click on an object to modify it, the object will be dragged out of place without my mouse moving at all. Instead of the various options inserting in the bar in a horizontal fashion, they line up vertically. This causes the Project window to change in size and affect the placement of any object that is selected for modification.

I can only resize the bar a small amount, but it still doesn't help, since each command will make it jump a different amount.

Does anyone know how to lock the option Bar so it only places options horizontally?

The jumping makes it very difficult to use, and is terrible with items like roofs and windows especially.

Any help would be great!!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jondozer

Is the first monitor a laptop computer screen?

Is the second one an analog or digital monitor?

Does this happen with other applications when placed on the second monitor?

What are the respect screen resolutions (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, etc.) pixel setting on both monitors?

Need more info!

If not a laptop computer, does you workstation computer graphics card have two monitor ports or is it a split cable out of one port.

Often, objects selected that are moving with out the mouse moving are the cause of mouse sensitivity or some other mouse setting.

As to the Option bar displaying vertically versus horizontally, that is an impossibility or for that matter the Design Bar. The only location changes that can occur to the UI (User Interface) are moving the seven available toolbars to different locations within the toolbar lines or moving the Project Browser as a application dependent window and docking it elsewhere, floating it inside or outside the application window.

How about a screen capture (shot) of the second monitors display of Revit's application window.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Here's a shot of the problem he's having. I have the same problem as well. I've seen this on single monitor machines too. I was always able to get it to refresh away by closing and opening a different view.
Now that i'm on a laptop with 2nd display, i can't get it to stop stacking vertically and moving things as i select them.
This is supremely annoying!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

i've seen this happen periodically. to fix i have closed revit and
reopened. (1 monitor)

its a bug
--
Brian Earsley
www.arete3.com
18645 South West Creek Drive
Tinley Park, Illinois 60477
708.342.1250 x.225
wrote in message news:5547370@discussion.autodesk.com...
Here's a shot of the problem he's having. I have the same problem as well.
I've seen this on single monitor machines too. I was always able to get it
to refresh away by closing and opening a different view.
Now that i'm on a laptop with 2nd display, i can't get it to stop stacking
vertically and moving things as i select them.
This is supremely annoying!
Message 5 of 5
jondozer

I guess that it is probably just a bug that we will have to deal with until they hopefully fix it with either a service pack or in the new versions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report