I have a user that is having problems selecting items that are chained together. Here is the scenario you select a wall then tab to select the chain of walls. Everything works great to this point. Then when you click to select the entire chain the original wall is the only item that gets selected.
We have tried several things to get this to clear up.
This install is a deployment that works great on every other machine in the office. Is there a setting, *.ini file setting, something, anything we can do to get this fuctionality restored.
BTW he has an old project that is still in Revit 2010 that this functionalilty still works in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Solved! by olsonda. See the answer in context.
This problem was resolved by updating the video driver.
Try/respond to the following:
1. I'm assuming that if you try on this PC that you cannot tab select a chain of walls, but please verify.
2. If you open a new out of the box project in Revit 2013 and add a series of wall will tab select work as expected?
3. If you open a new out of the box project in Revit 2010 and add a series of wall will tab select work as expected?
4. If this user opens Revit as Admin (right click on icon > run as admin) what happens in 2013 and 2010?
5. If this user moves to another PC and logs in with his/her profile what happens in 2013 and 2010?
6. If another user log into his/her PC what happens in 2013 and 2010?
Thanks for posting.
Here are the response to your questions.
1. Yes you are correct. It is however not limited to walls.
4. There is no change. 2010 works as expected, 2013 does not.
5. Everything works as expected.
6. 2010 works as expected, 2013 does not.
I think we found the issue with this. It had to do with an outdated video driver. All of the other machines got their video drivers updated when Revit 2013 was installed. This particular machine did not. it took us a while to figure this out but the problem seems to be resolved at this point.
Thanks for your help!
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.